23 April, 2015

Просто вспотел, объясняя 11-летнему пацану, что были времена, когда не было Ынтырнета.
-Что, и Steam не было? А откуда ж вы тогда игры скачивали? Как не было компьютерных игр? А чем же дети тогда играли? Ну на мобильных-то телефонах игры были предустановлены?
Кажется, я его не убедил. Парень ушел с уверенностью, что Ынтырнет и мобильные телефоны были всегда. Ну по меньшей мере со времен древнего Рима.

I really sweated trying to explain an 11-yo boy that there was time when there was no Internet.

- Do you mean the Steam did not exist? How then did you download the games? What do you mean there were no computer games? What the children played in that case? Well, but I guess there were the games pre-loaded at the cell phones!

It seems I failed to persuade him. The boy left still beliving the Internet and mobile phones have been there always, at least since the antic Rome Empire.




No comments:

Post a Comment